Patch 6.0 and the Background Downloader
With Patch 6.0 only a few weeks away, ~15 GB of data went up on the Background Downloader. It was disabled soon after due to some issues with the size.
Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
As some of you may have noticed the background downloader for patch 6.0.2 began today. After discovering issues with the size of the download, however, we have deactivated it for the time being. We'll let you know once when we're ready to start the 6.0.2 background downloader again, as well as provide you with some additional details on how it works and what you can expect when downloading the 6.0.2 patch in advance of its release on live realms.
Warlords of Draenor Beta - Build 18922
Build 18922 will be deployed to the Beta realms soon.
New/Updated Garrison Images
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Player vs. Player
- Thy Kingdom Come Win Kor'lok's favor for your faction by defeating his bodyguard, Muk'Mar Raz. 10 points. Gaul Dun Firok. 10 points.
- Working Many Orders Complete 150 Complete 750 Work Orders at your garrison. 5 points.
- Working More Orders Complete 75 Complete 250 Work Orders at your garrison. Reward: Unlocks account-wide Level 3 profession blueprints. 5 points.
- Working Some Orders Complete 25 Complete 125 Work Orders at your garrison. 5 points.
- Draenor Safari Catch every battle pet in Draenor. 5 points. Account Wide. Pet Reward: Royal Peacock. 5 points. Account Wide.
- So. Many. Pets. Collect 600 unique pets. Pet. Reward: Stormwing. 10 points. Account Wide.
- Grand Treasure Hunter Find even more treasures in Draenor. 10 points. Discover 200 treasures of Draenor. 10 points.
- Master Treasure Hunter Find more treasures in Draenor. 10 points. Discover 50 treasures of Draenor. 10 points.
- Treasure Hunter Discover the Discover 10 treasures of Draenor. 10 points.
- I Was Framed! Bait Cinderwing Bait Darkwing Matron into ambushing a Darktide Rylakinator-3000 in Darktide Roost. 10 points.
- Planned to Fail Destroy 10 Secret Battleplans Warplans in Iron Siegeworks. 10 points.
- Poisoning the Well Poison 50 Poison 10 Kegs of Impaler Ale in Iron Siegeworks. 10 points.
- You Have Been Rylakinated! Defeat 10 Cinderwing Adolescent Darkwing Adolescents within 3 minutes while driving a Rylakinator-3000 in Darktide Roost. 10 points.
Dungeons & Raids
- Glory of the Draenor Hero Complete the Draenor Heroic dungeon achievements listed below. Reward: Armored Bloodtusk. 25 points. Account Wide. Mount Reward: Frostplains Battleboar. 25 points. Account Wide.
DPS Tier 17 bonuses got another pass this build, with others coming soon. (Celestalon)
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Item Set Bonuses
- Item - Death Knight T17 Unholy 2P Bonus When Soul Reaper deals its bonus damage to a target, you gain 3 stacks of Shadow Infusion. 5 stacks of Shadow Infusion.
- Item - Druid T17 Balance 2P Bonus Reduces the cast time of Wrath and Starfire by 15%. 12%.
- Item - Druid T17 Feral 2P Bonus Dealing bleed damage generates 3 Energy. 2 Energy.
- Item - Druid T17 Feral 4P Bonus While Berserk is active, special attacks deal an additional 15% 35% bleed damage to the target over 6 sec.
- Item - Monk T17 Windwalker2P Bonus Fists of Fury generates 4 stacks of Tigereye Brew. 1 stacks of Tigereye Brew.
- Item - Warrior T17 Arms 4P Bonus Colossus Smash has a 50% 40% chance to reduce the cooldown of Mortal Strike by 50% for 10 sec.
- Item - Warrior T17 Fury 2P Bonus Raging Blow critical strikes have a 25% chance to activate Enrage. 10% chance to activate Enrage.
- Item - Warrior T17 Fury 4P Bonus While Recklessness is active, your attack speed and critical strike chance increase by 5% every second. 6% every second.
- Blackout Kick (New) Minor Glyph. Instant.
- Glyph of Blackout Kick (New) Your Blackout Kick always deals 30% additional damage over 4 sec regardless of positioning but you're unable to trigger the healing effect. Minor Glyph.
Druid (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Pulverize A devastating blow that consumes 3 stacks of your Lacerate on the target to deal (400% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and reduce damage taken by 15% for 10 12 sec. Requires Bear Form. Druid - LvL 0 Talent. Melee range. Instant.
Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Dire Beast Summons a powerful wild beast to attack your target for 15 sec. Each time the beast deals damage, you will gain 5 2 Focus. Hunter - LvL 60 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
- Black Arrow Fires a Black Arrow at the target, dealing [*50% [*10 + 40% of AP*] damage over 20 sec. Your Black Arrow periodic damage has a 20% chance to trigger Lock and Load, causing your next two Explosive Shots to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown. When Black Arrow is dispelled, its cooldown is reset. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Survival Spec. 35 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Wizardry Increases your Intellect by 5%. Passive. Requires Cloth. Passive.
- Meteor Calls down a meteor which lands at the target location after 3 sec, dealing [*1 + 375% of Spell Power*] Fire damage, split evenly between all targets within 8 yards. Also burns the ground, dealing an additional [*30% of Spell Power*] Fire damage every 1 sec for until cancelled 8 sec to enemies in the area. Mage - LvL 0 Talent. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.
- Prismatic Crystal Arcane, Fire: Conjures a prismatic crystal at the target location, which is attackable by only the Mage, and takes 30% additional damage. When the crystal takes damage, it instantly releases a burst of energy dealing that damage, split evenly between all enemies within 8 yards. Frost: Conjures a prismatic crystal at the target location, which is attackable by only the Mage, and takes 50% additional damage. When the crystal takes damage, it instantly releases a burst of energy dealing that damage, split evenly between all enemies within 8 yards. Mage - LvL 0 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.
Paladin (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Crusader Strike 5% 10% of Base Mana.
- Sanctuary Decreases damage taken by 15% 10%, increases your chance to dodge by 2%, and reduces the chance for your attacks to be parried by 3%. Paladin - Protection Spec.
Priest (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Mysticism Increases your Intellect by 5%. Passive. Requires Cloth. Passive.
- Saving Grace Instantly heals a friendly target for [*1 + 630% of Spell Power*]. Reduces your absorbs and healing done by 10% for 8 sec, stacking up to 10 times. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Priest - LvL 0 Talent. 3% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
Shaman (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Windstrike Hurl a staggering blast of wind at an enemy, dealing Physical damage equal to 170% 250% weapon damage, bypassing armor, and granting you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock for 15 sec. Damage is increased by 0% while Lightning Shield is active. Requires Melee Weapon. 1% of Base Mana. 30 yd range. Instant. 7.5 sec cooldown.
- Windstrike Hurl a staggering blast of wind at an enemy, dealing Physical damage equal to 170% 250% weapon damage, bypassing armor, and granting you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock for 15 sec. Damage is increased by 0% while Lightning Shield is active. Requires Melee Weapon. 100 yd range. Instant.
- Windstrike Off-Hand Hurl a staggering blast of wind at an enemy, dealing Physical damage equal to 170% 250% weapon damage, bypassing armor, and granting you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock for 15 sec. Damage is increased by 0% while Lightning Shield is active. Requires Melee Weapon. 100 yd range. Instant.
Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Nethermancy Increases your Intellect by 5%. Passive. Requires Cloth. Passive.
Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator)
- Empowered Execute (New) Increases the damage of Execute by 20%.
- Slam Slam an opponent, causing (100% 150% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Each consecutive use of Slam increases the damage dealt by 50% and the Rage cost by 100%, stacking up to 2 times for 2 sec. Requires Melee Weapon. Warrior - LvL 45 Talent. 10 Rage. Melee range. Instant.
- Mastery: Weapons Master Increases the damage of your Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash, and Execute abilities by 20%. Warrior - Arms Spec. 28%. Warrior - Arms Spec.
- Ancestral Talisman Consultation with the spirits of previous generations is considered essential to Shadowmoon shamans whenever an important decision is to be made. Talismans and other relics that were important to an ancestor during life provide a more clear spiritual conduit for shamans to speak to them in the afterlife. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Ancient Frostwolf Fang In life, no two creatures will share a stronger relationship than that of a Frostwolf orc and his or her companion wolf. The two eat, sleep, and fight side by side until one or both dies an honorable death. Even then, sometimes not even death itself can stop a frostwolf from coming to the aid of its beloved orc. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Ancient Nest Guardian Harnessing the power of the sun as a never-ending fuel, these constructs were originally built as automated caretakers for young Arakkoa. With the conflict escalating between the Adherants of Ruhkmar and the Outcasts, many have been repurposed as instruments of war. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Apexis Crystal Scattered in the most ancient of ruins on Draenor are fragments and whispers of the Apexis civilization, who attained a height of power during the Age of Order and then abruptly vanished. The arrival of the Iron Horde has prompted a secret but urgent escalation in retriving Apexis artifacts by the Adherents. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Apexis Hieroglyph Brittle and ancient beyond measure, this stone tablet contains carvings that vaguely describe an engine of incredible power, claiming to harness the power of the sun. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Apexis Scroll This battered scroll case has corroded shut, and the scroll within is barely readable with very careful examination. These appear to be plans and measurements for a glorious "Temple in the Sky," written in an ancient hand. It's unclear whether such a splendid structure was ever built. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Barbed Fishing Hook This arm-length nest of barbs has less in common with a traditional fishing hook and more with an elaborate halberd. You can only imagine the size of the leviathan that could be pulled in by such a hook, and it's no surprise that most orcs prefer to hunt their prey from land. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Beakbreaker of Terokk Eschewing traditional Arakkoan weaponry, Terokk carried this cudgel as a symbol of his fall from king to outcast heretic. Rumors have persisted for centuries that rather than employing traditional wing-cutting as a punishment, Terokk simply shattered the beaks of those who dared to oppose him. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Blackrock Razor Male orcs of the Blackrock Clan never cut their hair until they come of age, at which point their head is shaved and their role in this extremely regimented society is determined. This ancient switchblade is forged of blackrock and embellished with jewels, likely used by a prominent family for many generations of initiation. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Burial Urn In death all Arakkoa seek to join the Sun-God Rukhmar in the skies above Draenor, thus cremation is vastly preferred to burial. Some have their ashes scattered high in the skies, others are collected in ornate urns and placed in crypts. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Calcified Eye In a Jar This well-preserved eye must have once belonged to a chieftain of the Bleeding Hollow clan. Upon ascension to ruler of the clan, each chieftain undertakes a shamanic vision quest in which they sacrifice their own eye to receive a vision of their own death. You can only imagine the grisly fate this clouded eye bore witness to. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Ceremonial Tattoo Needles These bone needles are taken from the corpses of fallen enemies and meticuously sharpened. The mystics of the Shadowmoon often inscribe secret runes into their flesh to more clearly speak to their ancestors and the elemental spirits. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Cracked Ivory Idol An example of the Void worship once practiced but now banned by the Shadowmoon Clan elders, this idol is as dark as the night sky. Roughly and frantically chiseled from the tusk of what must have been a colossal Elekk, this idol was dyed and is inlaid with complex swirling and jagged patterns. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Decree Scrolls The incomplete writings here seem to indicate a decree of a sort of martial law, and reminders to be vigilant for signs of the curse amongst neighbors and friends. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Doomsday Prophecy This tablet speaks of the "end times." From what you can decipher, the crude scrawls of multiple authors speak of at least seven different and sometimes conflicting versions of a final reckoning for all of the inhabitants of Draenor. Eerily, the iconography of a flaming hammer is clearly depicted - is this the ancestral origin of the Twilight's Hammer clan? 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Dreamcatcher When Terokk returned from exile he was broken and flightless. Rumors of his cursed state swept like wildfire through the Arakkoa, giving rise to superstitious charms and cures. Dreamcatchers endure as one of the most clung-to icons of safety, for the Arakkoa believe the curse will entangle itself in the dreamcatcher and fade in the morning sunlight. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Elemental Bellows The Blackrock Clan originally used the naturally occurring elemental-fueled infernos of ancient Draenor to shape and harden their namesake ore. A Shaman could use these bellows to channel the power of a fire spirit directly to a blast furnace, allowing the Blackrock to set up forges anywhere. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Eye of Har'gunn the Blind While most ogres are born with two eyes, a handful in every generation regress and are born with a single eye. All but a few clans recognize these ogres are exceptional and destined for great things. An unlucky one-eyed ogre mage lost his eye in a duel and replaced it with this fist-sized stone, discovering it to have magical properties when he did so. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Fang-Scarred Frostwolf Axe In order to be granted full standing within the Frostwolf clan, each member must undertake a solo quest to befriend and bond with a wild Frostwolf. Not all clan members pass this trial, but those that do earn a lifelong companion. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Flask of Blazegrease Sticky, smelly, and highly flammable, the substance in this small container is liberally applied to the swords and axes of the Burning Blade clan before battle. Though some warriors choose to ignite their weapons before battle, most let the inevitable contact of blades and armor spark the blazegrease for unpredictable intimidation. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Frostwolf Ancestry Scrimshaw As part of the rite of passage into adulthood, a Frostwolf orc must slay a frostboar and carve their family genealogy as far back as will fit on the creature's largest tusk. Family history and tradition are of great importance to the Frostwolf clan, so the largest frostboars are hunted each season to preserve clan lineage. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Gladiator's Shield Disagreements between ogres usually end in violence. During the early decades of the Age of Order, a sly chieftain decreed that disputes in his clan would be settled via proxy in one-on-one combat between slaves. The mortality rate amongst the ogres plummeted, leading to a golden age of expansion. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Gronn-Tooth Necklace The Thunderlords are the greatest big game hunters in all of Draenor. For centuries they have used riding beasts and coordinated assaults to slay game and gronn alike. Their clan draws their name from an ancient chieftain who single-handedly slew a powerful gronn at the pinnacle of Thunder Peak. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Headdress of the First Shaman Learning to speak with the elemental spirits of Draenor was a pivotal achievement in destiny the Orc clans. Many clans claim the mythical "First Shaman" arose from their ranks, but the truth is that no one is sure of his or her allegiance. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Hooked Dagger The Shattered Hand celebrate victory in battle with self-mutilation. Their most celebrated warriors are covered with scars and piercings, and it becomes increasingly difficult with age to tell which were inflicted by enemies or by the triumphant orc. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Imperial Decree Stele Assembled fragments from this stone stele place it in Talador several hundred years before the draenei arrived. It marks an ogre imperial decree to raze several orc settlements in retaliation for a number of rebellious raids against Gorian slave trade caravans. The orders were likely carried out, since the towns no longer exist, and this stone was erected to memorialize the dark deed. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Metalworker's Hammer Despite many dents and scratches, you can see the Blackrock clan iconography etched in to this once-proud hammer. The first of the Orc clans to master the art of shaping their namesake metal, the Blackrock prefer to wield blunt weaponry in battle to honor their ancestors. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Mortar and Pestle Preferring to show off their physique, ogres eschew garments that cover too much skin. In order to look more fearsome to their enemies, they adorn their bodies with warpaints created in these grinding tools. This mortar and pestle set is stained yellow, indicating it was used by the Boulderfist clan. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Ogre Figurine Expressing with sculpture what most ogres could struggle to explain in words, this statue summarizes the most important ogre physical attribute: size. The clefthoof held above the ogre's head displays strength, while the robust waistline symbolizes great wealth. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Outcast Dreamcatcher Outcast Arakkoa have repurposed the dreamcatcher not to ward off the Curse of Sethe, but to capture and harvest tiny amounts of essences from their lost gods. Rumors persist of an ever-growing mass of swirling energy buried deep beneath Skettis, whispering promises of power to any who will listen... 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Pictogram Carving While the written word is mostly used as an instrument for the upper echelons of imperial ogre society, occasionally an ordinary ogre will try his hand at making a story immortal. This pictogram appears to tell the story of an especially distressing culinary experience. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Rylak Riding Harness A brilliant ogre once had a thought that riding a rylak would make travel much faster than using pack animals or walking. Roughly crafted from thick leather and utilizing an excessive number of knots, this seat could comfortably accomodate an ogre. However, it could only be saddled on a rylak the size of a small mountain which seems to explain why no one has ever seen ogres fly. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Screaming Bullroarer A bullroarer is an arm-length piece of rigid wood affixed to the end of a long rope and spun over the wielder's head to generate a droning noise capable of traveling long distances. This example was grooved by the Warsong to emit a high-pitched whistling noise rather than the low hum used by most other clans. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Solar Orb Central to High Arakkoan culture is reverence of Rukhmar and the sun. Hundreds of Solar Orbs are scattered around Skyreach, which cast a never-ending light so no Arakkoan need go without the sun's warmth, even on a cold and overcast day. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Sorcerer-King Toe Ring Imperial ogres jealously guard the secrets of magic in order to keep their status among the ruling class. The wealthiest among them adorn themselves with magically-enhanced jewelry and other wearable artifacts. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Stone Dentures Ogres are straightforward in combat and often suffer as much punishment as they dish out, relying on their strength and stamina to carry them to victory. These serrated-tooth dentures are proof that at least one ogre had all of his teeth knocked out and lived to fight another day. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Stone Manacles Rather than using clasps and locks, Ogres bind their slaves using unbroken stone circlets. Their centuries of manipulating earth elements lets them simply shrink the manacles tightly around the slave's ankles, wrists, or neck. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Stonemaul Succession Stone Chieftains rule small bands of ogres with an iron fist, and are never short on challengers. The Stonemaul clan have notoriously high turnover rate in their leadership; judging from the layers of bloodstains this stone appears to have been instrumental in deposing multiple Stonemaul chieftans. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Sundial This delicately-engraved instrument, when positioned correctly, acts as both a sundial and an arakkoa seasonal calendar. The base of the instrument is covered with callouts for celestial events, most of which are accompanied by grave warnings. Interestingly, the device seems to have cryptically predicted the arrival of the draenei a century before it happened. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Talonpriest Mask Believing they have been abandoned by the sun, cursed Arakkoa prefer to hide in the forests or beneath awnings during daylight hours. Talonpriests take this a step further and never show their faces to the sun, wearing ritual masks that act as a focus for their communes with Anzu. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Warmaul of the Warmaul Chieftain The first great technological innovation in ogre society was the concept of attaching a rock to the end of a very long stick to smash your enemies, rather than attempting to bash them with a rock held in your hand. The schism this innovation created amongst ogre society resolved itself only when the now-forgotten tribe broke in to the Warmaul and Boulderfist clans. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Warsinger's Drums Relying on shock and awe to overwhelm their enemies, the Warsong earned their name from their fearsome battle cries and thunderous drum marches. These macabre drums are constructed of Talbuk leather stretched tightly over what appear to be ogre skulls, celebrating the clan's freedom from the ogre empire. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Warsong Ceremonial Pike The riders of the Warsong clan are always on the move. In camp, a family's tent is marked with a long pike thrust into the ground - often adorned with the skulls of defeated enemies. This example is over a hundred years old and is branded with the names of several key battles. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Weighted Chopping Axe Taking their namesake literally, warriors of the Shattered Hand clan will ritualistically smash their own hand before cutting it off. The stump is cauterized and replaced with one of many varities of weaponry. This blade, which resembles a simple butcher's cleaver, is heavily weighted to assist in making a single clean cut at the wrist. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Wolfskin Snowshoes With the icy Frostwind desert providing little vegetative nourishment, the Frostwolf depend on their hunters for sustenance. These snowshoes, constructed of wolf bones and pelts, help keep trackers from sinking into deep drifts while pursuing prey. 2 sec cast. Archaeology. 2 sec cast.
- Greater Assault Permanently enchant boots to increase attack power by 16 8. Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600. Enchanting. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Greater Cosmic Essence (4), Dream Shard (4). Tools: Runed Copper Rod.
- Greater Potency Permanently enchant a melee weapon to increase attack power by 25 12. Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600. Enchanting. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Infinite Dust (2), Lesser Cosmic Essence (4). Tools: Runed Copper Rod.
- Lesser Protection Permanently enchant a cloak to increase armor by 20 2. Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600. Enchanting. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Strange Dust (6), Small Glimmering Shard. Tools: Runed Copper Rod.
- Major Armor Permanently enchant a cloak to increase armor by 120 12. Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600. Enchanting. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Arcane Dust (8). Tools: Runed Copper Rod.
- Savagery Permanently enchant a two-handed melee weapon to increase attack power by 70 35. Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600. Enchanting. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Large Prismatic Shard (4), Arcane Dust (40). Tools: Runed Copper Rod.
Raid & Dungeon Abilities
- Tectonic Upheaval Tectus unleashes his built up seismic instability into the earth, creating a massive series of earthquakes that each inflict 30,000 35,000 Nature damage to all players. If Tectus's health is depleted during Tectonic Upheaval, he will Shatter. Instant.